Thursday, May 11, 2006

found haikus regarding sasha frere-jones' and jessica hopper's accusations that recent experience music project pop conference keynote speaker stephen

merrit (of the magnetic fields) is a racist (or, an epic for annie, title included)

OMG Hopper
picks a senseless fight for no
reason WHAT A SHOCK

and therefore it is
THE MOST IMPORTANT PIECE IN
ALL OF MUSIC CRIT

hopper's fatwas are
becoming a running gag,
but just not funny

sfj's blog i
still read I guess but who cares,
blog's a blog's a blog

and merritt is more
on panels than making songs
at this point it seems

why would slate run this
"article" about nothing,
by some who's-that guy?

I guess I just think
Merritt's been asking for this
with lists and statements

and Hopper's so quick
to give him YE OLDE SMACKDOWN
that it's just as weak

it's the perfect storm
of two people who should have
so much else to do

8 Comments:

Blogger annie said...

!

18:52  
Blogger annie said...

!!

18:52  
Blogger annie said...

super.

18:52  
Blogger annie said...

!!

18:52  
Blogger annie said...

!

18:53  
Blogger Matt said...

I agree that that is a monumentally stupid kerfuffle they have started.

10:24  
Blogger ryan said...

jessica hopper:
still bitter at death of ska,
attacks legit art

08:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://tiny.abstractdynamics.org/archives/007776.html

JUST SAY NO TO RACIST IPODS

Dear strangers writing me emails,

I appreciate that you are taking such care to craft me such pointed missives (&those haikus must have taken hours); I welcome this all, as discourse is the best--but, I must say this--addressing me as a bitch, a stupid bitch, a fucking cunt, a stupid cunt etc.--means I will not write you back. And those of you journalists, who feel called to rep for journalists everywhere when you call me an "idiot cunt", best blv I will not hesitate to print yr emails with yr name and your publication's signature footnoted at the bottom right here on this blog.

Meanwhile, just so the whole free world of the little tiny critical internet knows, I apologized to Merritt for my zealousness in branding him a racist, an apology which was recv'd quite graciously. I know admitting that you are wrong about something is against the bylaws blog wars/the internet/idiot cuntdom and all--hope yr not dissappointed in me breaking protocol, or take me apologizing to someone as a sign of eminent apocolypse--but surely, there is another good two or three ILM threads to be milked from this admission alone.

xo,
JHova

00:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home